Friday, 23 July 2010

Lets get real - self portrait

Inspired by this

http://childhoodmagic.blogspot.com/2010/07/lets-get-real-self-portrait.html

I thought I'd have a go.

Excuse the photo, I hate photos of me. I'm almost 35 and have never been comfortable with how I look. In fact the only day I can recall feeling slightly pretty was my wedding day, especially when I was told I looked very pre raphaelite ( I did have waist length hair at the time)

5 comments:

Ariella said...

So very nice to meet you!! Thanks for taking a brave step and posting this real photo of you. You have a such a pretty, kind and honest face! Lots of love to you!!!!!!
xoxoxo
Ariella

Unknown said...

Beautiful xx

We never, ever see our own beauty do we?

Pippa said...

I agree with what Childhood Magic says and it's great to meet you! Shell's right, we never see the beauty in ourselves, I'm an expert at camera-dodging and always cringe whenever I see photographs of me, I don't know what I'm expecting to see after 35 years, but it's never the face that the camera sees!! Maybe we're brought up to see too many posed photographs when actually, beauty is in the movement of someones eyes, smile and empathetic and involuntary gestures that give us a glimpse of who they are underneath. Your photograph is lovely though. xxx

Miss Bliss said...

You are a beautiful lady - you should never doubt that! And you are even more lovely in real life too :) See you in a few weeks xxx

nocton4 said...

Mama, you are gorgeous .. a beautiful Woman xx