Sunday, 4 January 2009

Back to normal

Well the decorations are down, the house is back to normal and my husband is back at work tomorrow after being off all over christmas. It's been a nice christmas this year and we've been able to spend a lot of time together so that's been really nice. We had a very cold walk around Dunham Massey (a local national trust house and estate) and had a great time, T seemed to be really taken with the stick that she'd found














I was really pleased with the number of handmade present that T got and she really seemed to love the knitted strawberry doll, Father Christmas and Snowman that I made for her.

I made my first batch of mince pies and they actually turned out ok. I'm a diaster in the kitchen so I really surprised myself and my first few loaves from the breadmaker were lovely as well. I think I'm going to be baking quite a few things now and am developing a baking obsession to go alongside my knitting one.



4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey!
We have some of those reindeer ears that we always try to put on our Saint Bernard! :)

Rachel said...

Thanks for the lovely suprise yesterday. You've got a tree of hapiness award waiting for you at http://ourfreerangefamily.blogspot.com/2009/01/tree-of-happiness.html
enjoy!
Love R xxx

Michelle said...

Thanks Rachel.

I'm really glad you and Jake liked them. I really enjoyed making them. I'm getting a bit obsessed with making toys, not that T needs anymore but there are loads of things I want to have a go at.

Michelle

Unknown said...

omg, knitting and baking, I'm currently obsessed too!

Nice to meet you. :)