Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Shopping, Reading and being a pumpkin




It never ceases to amaze me what a fantastic imagination T has. She will play for ages being a shopkeeper, reading bedtime stories to her toys or even just playing with a plastic bucket and pretending to be on a beach. It's facinating to watch her play. She's really creative and thankfully we haven't really got any of those horrible plastic, interactive toys which I don't think do anything for her development.

The last month has been a nightmare when we go into shops as she is really frightened of halloween costumes. We've had to avoid various places or walk around them differently to avoid all the aisles with the costumes. On Friday evening she decided to dress up as a pumpkin by putting her plastic pumpkin bucket on her head. We were treated to her running around shouting "I'm a pumpkin". I'm amazed we managed to get her to take it off so she could go to bed!

No comments: