Sunday, 16 June 2013

Having fun at Tatton Parks Medieval Fair

Every year at Father's Day weekend Tatton Park in Knutsford hold their Medieval Fair at their Old Hall.

It's a lovely mix of re-enactors, stalls selling beautiful items, things to do and demonstrations to watch.  We haven't been for a few years but went back yesterday and had a great time.  We all had a go at archery (my husband and I had done it before but it was the first time I got to try a longbow and I want one).  We watched a brilliant show from Gauntlet Bird of Prey Centre.

http://www.gauntlet.info/

What I liked was that as well as being knowledgeable and entertaining, they really seemed to have a great ethical stance on the treatment of the birds and conservation.

Here are a few pics











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,
That looks like a fantastic day out x x