Wednesday, 29 October 2008

What we've been up to



Well in the last few weeks, we haven't been up to much at all. With the wet and miserable weather and illness, we've mostly been pottering around at home playing with playdoh, painting and reading. I'm still enjoying working my way through my Jean Greenhowe book. It's really addictive and I spend most nights knitting. T loves watching me and is desperate to learn. I can't wait till she's old enough and I can teach her.

My latest creation is this snowman. She hasn't seen it yet as it's gone in the bag with her other christmas presents. I've just started on a Santa that I'm going to give her christmas eve. I'm really pleased this year that because of things I've made, bought or traded from the Green Parent Forum LETS, she's going to have a lot of handmade goodies. I love handmade goods, I think I appreciate them more beacause of the time, though and effort that goes in to them. My sister in law used to do cross stich and she made us a beautiful sampler as a wedding present. I love it as it's unique and something we can pass down to T when she's old enough and hopefully she can pass it on to her kids. It was just so much nicer than a bought gift.

I've been inspired by all the talented ladies on the GP forum so I'm taking part in the seasonal swap and for the first time creating my own seasonal table. I hope the person I'm sending my creation to likes it. I'll post some pics when we create our winter table.

2 comments:

Greentwinsmummy said...

Hullo there! I have been knitting some JG dinosaurs...I have to say my first sewed together one is slightly hilarious I must get a pictue on my blog! Could you send me a link to the GP forum Michelle? I have read of it on the Different Choices blog too & would love a peek at it!
GTM x x x

Michelle said...

http://thegreenparent.co.uk/forum/index.php

Hope this works. It's a really good forum, lots of wise & talented women, who really make those 'aagh' days a bit better.

I'd love to see the photos of the dinorsaurs. Her patterns are great, I've even got my projects sorted for next christmas. Knitting toys is so addictive, I doubt I'll get time to do my jumpers, hats and cardigans again lol.